16.1.14

Tomatoe,Cucumber,& Watermelon Salad


TOMATOE, CUCUMBER & WATERMELON SALAD
This salad is probably more befitting in Spring and Summer due to vegetables and fruit being more fresh and available. But I like as a quick side dish to fish, a quick lunch, or a nice snack. Last night I was thinking of what I should make for lunch and I have left over cucumber and tomato and watermelon. So why not???
Super simple recipe.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:


1 tomatoe cored and diced (I prefer beefsteak tomatoes)
1 cucumber peeled and diced
1 cup of watermelon chopped
(Red onions are optional, I don't like them)
Pinch of parmesan cheese (feta would also be great in this)
Dressing:
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of EVOO: extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of sugar
Pinch of Garlic powder
Pinch of dried basil
Pinch of onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Mix all ingredients together for the dressing. Whisk well.
Combine all vegetables and fruit.  Drizzle dressing over the top. Toss in parmesan and mix.
You're done!!
This fresh dish cleans the palette. As stated, it pairs well with fish and chicken.
Let me know what you guys think! Until next time.  Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye