30.1.14

Cajun Jambalaya Pasta w/ Sausage and Chicken


CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA

Today I didnt feel like going to the grocery store so hed the cabinets and freezer for what I had laying around. I quickly came up with this recipe I went with pasta verses rice because I had it and wanted to use it. So lets get to it.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1/2 a pack of egg noodles (Cooked)
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 can of tomato paste
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1/2 block of Velveeta cheese
tspn of oregano,parsley, basil
1 tblspn of minced garlic
1/4 cup of EVOO
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 tspn of old bay seasoning
a pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste.
3 chicken breasts
1 packed of sausage (ppreferrably andouille or sweet italian)
1/2 an onion



I started by heating EVOO And saute' ing the onion and garlic. And then browning the chicken and sausage. Once almost cooked thoroughly, cut into bite size pieces.

While meat browns, heat heavy cream and velveeta in a small sauce pan and stir until smooth. 


Add all the other ingredients to sausage and chicken. 

Add in cheese sauce. And then mix in cooked pasta. 

Simmer on medium for another 10 minutes.  And then you're done.

I didnt have bellpepper but that would have been great in this as well.                                                 

As always, until next time. Hope you try this. If you do, email me your results!

love and best dishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye