28.1.15

Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread


Jalepeno Cheddar Cornbread





This simple, yet extremely delicious cornbread goes with almost any kind of meal. I made this yesterday with a pot of chilli. Served warm, I promise this won't last long in your house. I made this little pan for me and my boyfriend and we almost ate most of it! SO YUMMY.
Without further delay, let's get into the recipe

Now you have the option of making your own cornbread but because I wanted to do it very quickly, I used Jiffy.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

  • 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
  • 2/3 cup of whole milk (or butter milk)
  • 2 whole eggs (lightly beaten)
  • 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, grated, divided
  • 1/3 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
  • 3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers

DIRECTIONS:


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan. ( I always use cooking spray.

Pour contents of Jiffy boxes into a large mixing bowl and sift (I do this to ensure there is nothing in the meal/flour mixture).

Mix in milk and eggs. Until well incorporated. You want a few lumps. 

Now mix in half the cheese, all of the jalepenos and scallions.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top

 Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing squares or else it will crumble apart (SERVE WARM)

  
This is one of the easiest and quickest breads to make to accompany soups, stews and chillis! It's one of my favorites!

Let me know what you think?!

****NOTES: If you like a little texture to your cornbread, add 1 can creamed style corn to your batter. I promise you won't be disappointed! It's so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye