27.3.15

Strawberry Banana Pudding

 "I've never met a strawberry I didn't like"
~April Antoinette


STRAWBERRY BANANA PUDDING







Now that Spring is here and it's berry season, I can't seem to get enough of Strawberries. I've been buying them weekly just to eat alone but I have also been thinking of fun ways to use them in desserts. 
I was craving banana pudding last weekend. I thought, why not make it the ultimate banana pudding by adding my favorite fruit, THE STRAWBERRY.

This recipe is so simple to make. 
You can definitely make your own pudding (from scratch) but I opted for Jello Pudding.

So here's how to make it.

What You'll Need:

  • Two packages of French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix 
  • 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 container of cool whip (or you can make your own whipped topping)
  • 5 bananas (diced into bite sized rounds) Reserving half a banana for decorative top
  • 1 pint strawberries (diced into small rounds) Reserving 3 strawberries cut in halves for decorative top
  • 1 box of vanilla wafers

DIRECTIONS:

Make the french vanilla instant pudding per package instructions but substitute 1/2 cup of whole milk for 1/2 cup of heavy cream (this makes the pudding a little more tasty and smooth).

Now it's time to arrange.

Start with a layer of the cookies around the bottom and against the side of your trifle dish (my container resembles a trifle glass but use whatever type of dish you prefer), Arrange a layer of banana and strawberry on top of the cookies, and then add a layer of pudding. Repeat these steps, ending with the pudding on top.
Now create a layer on top of the last layer of pudding using the Cool-Whip. Around the perimeter add cookies. Then decorate the top with remaining bananas and strawberries. SUPER EASY AND SIMPLE. But EXTREMELY DELICIOUS.

This is refreshing and sure to be a crowd please.

I hope you try this recipe out.
Leave your comments below.
Best Dishes to ALL!!
~April Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye